Facebook it appears, is always making some change. Tweaking this. Altering that. IT can be exciting at times and at others you are frustrated because you are not able to find that one thing you are needing. Well Facebook has made both of these in this latest update to their platform. Designers are going to not be happy while video people are going to have fun with the very same thing. So instead of trying to bury the lead let get into it.
Video Profile Images
You can now have your Facebook profile look like one of the pictures from Harry Potter. Yep, you can now have a more personalized form of your profile video to greet people who land on your page. If they are on the desktop browser the video will start automatically and if you are a mobile browser it will set on a thumbnail of the video till you click on it and then the 8 second video will start up. I should also point out that the Profile video is only for profiles it hasn’t been rolled out to Pages or Groups, and I don’t have any idea if Facebook is even planning on giving Pages that ability.
So how do you make a Facebook Profile video?
- Open up your Facebook app in your iOS device.
- Navigate to your profile you will see your profile picture
- Tap on your profile picture
- You will receive a list menu
- You should see at the top of this menu “Take a New Profile Video” or you can choose “Upload Video or Photo”
- The Take a New Video will give you a count down after tapping the button and you will be able to record a short video.
- If you choose the upload you can choose a short video that is less than 7 seconds.
- Once you are finished it will upload and do some Facebook magic and your new Profile Video will be in place.
Tip if you use Snapchat you can take a Snapchat Video and use it as a Facebook Video again just keep it under 7 seconds.
Repositioning of the profile image
Now this is where the designers are hating Facebook. Or maybe they are going to love Facebook. This is because Facebook has also moved and enlarged the Profile image/video. It is a little further to the right and like I said it is also a bit bigger. So all that work you put into integrating your profile picture into your cover image has just been blown to bits. So if you hired a designer to make your cover image. You will want to get ahold of them again fast so that they can correct it.
Another little addition to the Profile is a short 101 character profile description to place right under your video image.
Now this one is actually geared toward families and the like because you are able to tag these people and it will basically be an album strictly for your kids.
To access the Scrapbook feature
- Go to your profile and tap the Update Info
- Scroll down and choose Family Members
- Tab the down arrow and choose Add Scrapbook
- Tap Get Started
- You can add your spouse your kiddos scrapbook and then you can go to town adding all the embarrassing images of your knee biter and the choose Create Scrapbook
Lot of fun items are happening in Facebook. It is going to be fun to see what everyone comes up with for their intro video. Have you created your Intro video?
You Might Also Like...
The act of someone deciding to terminate a relationship on Facebook is call “Unfriended”. Getting unfriended is hard. It causes mixed feelings of sadness, anger, betrayal. People get mad will trash talk a person who unfriended them. Yes people can start acting very odd when they take trivial stuff p...
Facebook just blew open the doors when it released the Facebook Live hounds. Besides the Facebook Live API. There are other cool things you can do with your Facebook live stream while you are live. Wow, that is a lot of Live! Anyhow, The big thing I have found out while playing with Facebook Live...
You are growing your community. People are joining your Facebook page. Your Twitter profile is getting 15 new followers a day. You even have 300 connections on LinkedIn. You are excited and pumped Your hard work is paying off. Those little short tweets in the check out line seem to have worked...
I thought I would jump in here and talk for a quick second about my five SMART goals I have for 2017. This will be a quick read so lets get started. Increase the average new user to 1000/month by dec 31 2017 - Yep this is a good goal for this little blog to have. It may only be a vanity metric i ...