Now that Facebook has pretty much opened up Live streaming for all of their users. Well at least for the American users. People are trying to find out how to use the service on their website and facebook page. Now Facebook says they are going to open live streaming up for their pages too but at the moment, you have to have a verified page to be able to use it. So it will be a little longer before the Internet Marketeers will be able to overrun your facebook news feed with their videos. But you can, at least, use the video after you have finished the video to repurpose to your website by doing facebook embeds.
There are actually two different way to do facebook video embeds. The easy way and the more detailed way. The more detailed way actually gives you more options like the size of the video if you want to make your facebook live video larger. So let us not scare everyone off and start with the easy way first
If you have made your video public, which I would recommend you do, this way is quick and easy.
The Easy Way
- Find the video you want to embed.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the top right-hand corner of that post.
- Choose Embed Video.
- The embed code will be highlighted so all you have to do is right click the code and choose Copy
- Open your WordPress website
- Choose Add new post
- Enter the they story for the video, any key points you would like the reader/viewer to see
- Over on the right-hand side of the text box, you will see two tabs Visual and Text
- Click the Text tab
- Now you might see some extra bits if the information you didn’t enter when you were typing that is just fine. Click at the very bottom of the text box and your user will show up at the bottom of the post or click at the top to have your video show at the top.
- Right click and choose paste and you will see the code you copied appear in your post.
- Click Save Draft
You can now preview your post and see if it is to your liking or if need be and you want to move your video at the top then just click the beginning of your post and paste there. You have now embedded your video on your WordPress site.
Now for the more involved route if you didn’t choose public
The Hard Way
- Find video you want to embed
- If you video is not set to public you will have to
- Right click on the date of the video
- Choose copy link address
- Go to Facebooks Embed Page
- Here you have a set of directions on how to use the embed generator.
- Scroll down to the Embed Player Configurator
- Paste in the copied address
- Adjust the size by the number of Pixels across you want the video. Pretty much the default is a good number.
- Click the Get Code button
- In the pop up there will be two sections the first you will enter into the top of your <Body> Tag
- The second section will be placed in your post.
As you can see it is better to post your live video publicly first the steps are much more streamlined. Yet, either way, you choose you can have your facebook videos show up in your WordPress website.
Have you used Facebooks Live video yet? What do you think of it?
You Might Also Like...
With live streaming becoming more and more prevalent you are starting to see that many social media experts are starting to take sides. One of the apps that these people are jumping on to is Periscope. Periscope is a live video streaming app that was bought by Twitter shortly and went live shortl...
Seems like everybody today is getting into the video live streaming business. You have the likes of Meerkat and Periscope and that we're having another one that is actually a t live streaming to a different angle. This app is called MyEye and it was actually created our group the company that creat...
As a person using Facebook, there have been times you have been reading the newsfeed, and you realize that you haven’t seen a post from your good friend from high school in a very long time. Have they fallen off of the map? Are they sick? Did you get defriended for that crazy political post you post...
I am sure you have noticed here recently Facebook is pushing videos. Facebook Videos are taking up most of your Newsfeed. You are noticing the increased clicking of likes and sharing more and more videos as stream across your vision. It is becoming very evident that Facebook is making a play for Vid...