Facebook added the Facebook marketplace back in 2007 but nothing really happened with it. In fact, I didn’t know about the Marketplace will just a few days ago when I got an update to Facebook that had the Marketplace placed predominantly at the bottom of the Facebook App. I was surprised when I did a search for Facebook Marketplace and found out how old it really was.
If you look on Facebook Groups one of the biggest uses you will find is a trading post. That is, people sell items that are no longer needed. If a person has a service they are offering they can also post it to this selling group.
About 6 months ago Facebook added the option for selling groups. Besides, the talk you can add prices and a description of the product.
Facebook has decided to up their selling a game and have opened up Marketplace. This is the Central Hub for all things being sold on Facebook. You can find odd knickknacks that need to be fixed up to I even saw a Lamborghini Aventador For sale . Lots of items are already being posted and you can post your goods and services too.
What do you need to know?
At the moment you can only post to the marketplace through your mobile app. I haven’t been able to find a way to post the Desktop version. If I had to guess as to why. I would say that it is because it opens the Marketplace up to bots. These bots might start spamming and placing unwanted ads instead of the goods by the real users.
There is no way to save nor share the sales items you want to remember. This is a big feature that is missing from the new Marketplace section. I have found a few things already that I would like to send to people I know that are looking for something specific. I have not been able to because of the lack of a share button.
You are not dedicated to a specific area. If you are in Elk City, OK and you want to look at what is being sold in Amarillo you can change the city. Now in the mobile version, you have to enter the zip code. you are not able to enter a city name. Hopefully, that will change in the very near future. so that people are able to jump from city to city a little easier. Even though you can expand your range up to 100 miles. There are times when those of us in the Texas Panhandle and Western Oklahoma have to drive over 100 miles to get to a city.
Looking at other categories you might be interested in is a challenge too. You have to search for the desired category at the moment.
- Antiques & Collectables
- Arts and Crafts
- Auto Parts
- Baby and Kids
- Bags and Luggage
- Books Movies and Music
- Cars Trucks and Motorcycles
- Clothing and Shoes – Men
- Clothing and Shoes – Women
- Health & Beauty
- Jewelry and Accessories
- Mobile phones
- Musical Instruments
- Pet supplies
- Sports and outdoors
- Toys and Games
- Video Games
How to use Marketplace.
To sell you service or merchandise you will need to use your mobile phone.
- You will first take a picture of the product or of your logo
- .You will then be asked for a title.
- Then you will have the opportunity to place your description of your service. Know that you can’t do any formatting so it can easily become a huge block of text. Also, if you are trying to put a link in your description will not be hot linkable. So it will just be the URL as plain text.
- Then you will need to choose your price that is how even much you want to place 0 for free.
- Enter the location that you want to sell to and enter your category.
There you have it. You will have entered your product to be sold through Facebook’s Marketplace.
Have you been selling through the marketplace? What do you think of it?
Latest posts by Bryan Goodwin (see all)
- Apps for Mobile Images - November 13, 2017
- Exploring The Facebook Hamburger Menu - October 30, 2017
- Updated Step By Step Tutorial For Setting Up Instant Articles - September 25, 2017