What information are you showing publicly on Google? Do you know? Have you ever wondered? How can you find out?
Google has made it easy for you to see what you are showing to the public. You can determine if you want your business information public but your personal telephone number you don’t want to be see. All of this great information is available to you in a new service from google called About.Me. Now this isn’t to be confused with about.me but aboutme.google.com.
This information service is brand new and at the moment just allows for you to view and edit all of your Google Profile information. By the looks of some links you will have a Google card you will be able to either post up or link to. But each of the sections offer you the ability to Private, Public, Your Circles, Extended Circles or custom privacy.
- Personal Info – This is, as the section says your personal information. This includes your Phone numbers, emails, chat clients, physical address. You can set the privacy level to what level you like.
- Work Contact info – You can add your works phone numbers emails chat apps and Work address
- Education – You can list all of the different educational institutions and set the privacy levels
- Work History – Where have you worked? This is where you can list your work history
- Sites – there are three different sub sections
- Links – These are your sites
- Other Profiles – I use this for social media sites and other profiles
- Contributor to – site that you contribute to are able to be listed here too.
- Places – Where have you been? You can list all those places here.
- Gender Birthday and More – Here you can place your personal information and each of these pieces of information have their individual privacy settings.
- Privacy settings – Here you can do a privacy check up.
With all of this information you can make your profile as public or as private as you want. In doing so you can help your fans find out as much or as little as you like.
You Might Also Like...
Updated Note: Facebook has killed its Mentions App and in its place, they have released Creators and it is open for everybody who creates. Facebook has a new addition to one of their apps, and you have probably seen it in action a couple of times. You may have seen a live stream as you parous ...
Now that Facebook has pretty much opened up Live streaming for all of their users. Well at least for the American users. People are trying to find out how to use the service on their website and facebook page. Now Facebook says they are going to open live streaming up for their pages too but at the ...
Facebook is one of those wonderful entities that surprise you at several turns. then there are times that Facebook will make you scratch you head in wonder the next day. Then with what seems little thought make you want to hulk out and smash your keyboard into tiny little bits. in other words, Fac...
In social media there are two types of content there is the Created content. Then there is the Curated content. Both have their own pros and cons and I thought it would do us good to look at these each separately and weight out the good the bad and the indifferent. That way when you are creating you...