What information are you showing publicly on Google? Do you know? Have you ever wondered? How can you find out?
Google has made it easy for you to see what you are showing to the public. You can determine if you want your business information public but your personal telephone number you don’t want to be see. All of this great information is available to you in a new service from google called About.Me. Now this isn’t to be confused with about.me but aboutme.google.com.
This information service is brand new and at the moment just allows for you to view and edit all of your Google Profile information. By the looks of some links you will have a Google card you will be able to either post up or link to. But each of the sections offer you the ability to Private, Public, Your Circles, Extended Circles or custom privacy.
- Personal Info – This is, as the section says your personal information. This includes your Phone numbers, emails, chat clients, physical address. You can set the privacy level to what level you like.
- Work Contact info – You can add your works phone numbers emails chat apps and Work address
- Education – You can list all of the different educational institutions and set the privacy levels
- Work History – Where have you worked? This is where you can list your work history
- Sites – there are three different sub sections
- Links – These are your sites
- Other Profiles – I use this for social media sites and other profiles
- Contributor to – site that you contribute to are able to be listed here too.
- Places – Where have you been? You can list all those places here.
- Gender Birthday and More – Here you can place your personal information and each of these pieces of information have their individual privacy settings.
- Privacy settings – Here you can do a privacy check up.
With all of this information you can make your profile as public or as private as you want. In doing so you can help your fans find out as much or as little as you like.
You Might Also Like...
Facebook has Moments. That exclusive app for influencers and celebrities alike. I am sure that, like me, you have tried to get the famous blue check mark. Only to be shot down with the basically you are not famous enough email. The big allure about Mentions is that you are able to get granular data...
Sweet! You have your Facebook page setup. Your Twitter is not an egg head anymore. Pinterest pinboards have 25 pins. You even have a Google collections going. So... Now what? Time to start implementing your plan. What plan have you set up? Many times when a company is new to social media they sta...
First, it was, add a picture to your post. Then it was, insert a video to get engagement up. Now if you want to be able to get in front of your audience you are hearing Live stream. whether you are talking about Periscope Facebook live YouTube live or any of the myriads of other live strea...
When it comes to social media and digital marketing it is easy to say why a person needs your product. It is Great! or you may say it will save the day. Typically if not in those exact words it is something to that effect. Many times than not what happens? You may have a person come to see your c...