When it comes to social media there is one point that has been driven into everybody’s head. If you want your posts to be seen you have to have at the very least an image attached to your post. Images, graphics photos, you name it. you have to become visually proficient with your social media marketing.
Now before you start having heart palpitations breath. You are not a graphic designer. I understand that and many of these sites will help you create a respectable image though if you want to really knock it out of the park always have a graphic designer on retainer.
If you want to do your own graphics and images then here is a HUGE list of site and apps that can help you create and use images to step up your game
Image making apps
We are going to start off with apps and website that allow your to create images
Canva (Free with paid Upgrades)- This is the image creator that everybody talks about. They have a huge selection of free background images and typographical layouts. Canva also has presets for the different social media sites so you don’t have to look up what you need for Facebook or Twitter they already have those layouts set and ready to go. you can also use Canva on your mobile device
Adobe spark post (Free)- This is a free image maker that is available on both desktop and Mobile devices. You can access a huge selection of Adobe’s stock photos and add any overlay text with any typographical layouts. Messing this up is hard to do with Adobe Spark
Adobe Photoshop (19.99/Month) – This is what most people believe to be the end all of all Image creating software. and I would agree that this is incredibly powerful.photo editing software. A bit on the pricey side but it is the workhorse for graphic designers
Recite – This is the site many people use to create their Instagram quote graphics. If you know how I feel about people posting quotes on Instagram, then you will understand why I say use this site with extreme caution. Yet, for free it is a very useful if you are in a pinch.
Easel.ly – Infographics, You need one and you know how to put one together? Good, you are better than me. If you don’t want to have a Graphic designer create a professional page then you can use Easel.ly.
Placeit – If you want to show your website on a computer screen or your logo on in a video somewhere. you can actually do some CGI product placement.
Page2Images – Share Websites to Pinterest the Easy Way
Over – This is a lot like Spark you can use typographically arranged text onto an image of your choice. This is an iPhone-only app at the time sorry Android.
Iconfinder – You need an Icon for a site or to make a special image? Iconfinder can do the work with their huge assortment of customer icons
Infogr.am – Need a chart for a blog post? You can create some those needed graphs and charts through Infogram enter the needed information and Poof the graph is created just fo you.
Aviary – Adobe strikes again with another great tool to use for editing from your phone.
Stock photos and vector image sites
When it comes to images many people need a stock photo but there are times that you don’t want to pay the royalties to use a Getty image. So here are 31 different sites that you can have free access to use.
- Pixabay – Stock photo and clip art site. Do a search and download depending on the site you may need to give credit. which you should go ahead and do anyway because it is nice.
- Unsplash completely and totally free to use however you want, New images are added all the time. The search is a little useless but the pictures are breath-taking.
- Public Domain Archive – All these images are part of the Public domain.
- Flickr: Creative Commons – If you use please give credit where credit is due.
- SplitShire – Your source for free stock photos and graphics
- Gratisography – Free stock photos great search and updated regularly
- pdpics More public Domain Pictures you are able to search and use how you like.
- StockSnap.io as the site says beautiful free stock photos
- Magdeleine – A free high-resolution photo every day
- Good Free Photos – Free public domain photos
- Free Range Stock – High-res stock photos
- Pickup Image – High res images
- Photogen – unique stock photos. If you want some originality then here it is.
- Skitterphoto – huge database of public domain stock photos
- Life of Pix – Free high-resolution photography
- Pexels I use many of these beautiful pictures as my background for my phone and computer
- Morgue Files sounds morbid and but these are great stock photographs you can use in your social media posts
- 1 Million Free Pictures – hard to run out of images when you have a million free pictures
- Negative Space – Beautiful, Free High-Resolution Photos with No Restrictions
- Pic Jumbo – Lots of Large images
- Free Stocks – Free stock photographs
- Free (I)mage Bank – Free images anyone?
- CGVector – need a vector image? this is one of the places I visit.
- Gratisography – Free images for all!
- 1001FreeDownloads – you need images? Check you need some new fonts? check
- New Old Stock – Old stock photos That is why the old stuff still has some use.
- Free Refe Real Life Photos real life photos
- Jay Mantri – Great photos why he gives them away for free? I don’t know
- Foodie’s Feed – food based stock photos
- Shutteroo a bit limited but great pictures
- FreePik – – pictures and vector graphics
- Vecteezy — vector graphics
- Reshot – interesting unique images
There are times that you have the image just need the proper tool. Here is a list of tools that will help with colors and image resizers or if you are just needing a cool new background.
Landscape – Social Media Image resizer tool
Pictaculous – Create Your Own Color Palette
COLOURlovers – Get Inspired with Colors and Patterns
Noun Project – Glyph Style Icons
Blurgrounds – The Easy way to Create Blurred Backgrounds
Photovisi – Make Attention Grabbing Collages
Subtle Patterns – Free Patterned Backgrounds
Pattern Library – Fun and Wild Backgrounds
Social Media Cheat Sheet – Find the Best Sizes for All Sites
Creative Commons – need help with your licensing? The ultimate resource
You Might Also Like...
Facebook is one of those tools that is, in all pretense and purposes, a veritable swiss army knife of options. Mark Zuckerberg and his team of coders are always making changes. In fact, I do believe it was Facebook Motto at one time to "Move Fast and Break Things". While ...
Today is the day that celebrates the wonders of Podcasts whether you make podcasts or you listen to them. This is the day that is all about a glorious medium that brings people of all walks of life together for the full democratization of ideas. What’s a Podcast? The age old question that is, in f...
There is the saying that failing to plan is planning to fail. If you have heard it once I am sure you have heard this a thousand times. Yet it is true. Well true in my eyes. Because if you don’t have a roadmap planned then all you are doing is floundering around and not really getting much done. Se...
So we have covered what is a blog. Then traipsed over the who can a blog help. Now let's start to get a little more serious There are two camps of thought that go into choosing a blog topic. There is the Follow Your Passion side and then there is the blog to a Keyword Strategy. Both are strategie...