Twitter Moments, I am sure you have see the little lightning bolt on your twitter client. Now that people have seen them, you can now create your own moments.
During #TwitterFlight another feature was released that can be used to increase engagement attract and retain more audience members. This new tool allows for you and your brand to enter the story telling environment and share pictures and videos in the spirit of Twitters Project Lightning.
To get the full effect of what you can do with collections here is one I created about an abandoned house next door
Ok yeah cheesy I know but it was fun to make at the same time.
So how do you this wonderful wizardry?
The easiest way I have found is that you have to use Tweetdeck and Publish.twitter.com
- In Tweekdeck you will see the “+” On the Left hand side
- Click that and choose Collections in the lower right hand side
- You can then drag different tweets videos, and images into the collection. Here you can name your collection and give it a description if needed.
Quick tip: The bottom tweet is the first image shown in the collection and the top is the last. Just like Twitter is viewed so you might want to create the collections in reverse order that way your web viewers will not get as confused.
- After you have added all the tweets you would like to place in a group. You can then click the settings icon on the right hand side of your profile picture at the top.
- Choose Share then choose View on Twitter.com
- The new window or tab that appears with your collection
- Copy the address and then go to publish.twitter.com
- And paste the address into the text box
- Click the arrow beside it.
- Twitter will perform the needed magic to create a grid and will spit out a Script that you can then paste into your website for all to see.
Have you played with Collections and Publisher yet? What do you think? Comment below
You Might Also Like...
If you haven’t accesses Twitter in the past few days. The next time you do, you might get a feeling that something is missing. I will give you a hint. Look at the background. Yep! Twitter has removed the custom background wallpapers from the users, home and, notification pages, so all of that the ha...
When I finished the blog post about MyEye I thought I was done for a little while on all of the good options of Live streaming. Should have known I was wrong. Because like a shot all of a sudden there was this huge kerfuffle about the Google Hangouts killer and it does live streaming. And you can ad...
Twitter has added a new feature to help you find people that you know. Twitter connect is available so that you are able to find people who are in your contacts of your phone. This way you will know somebody in the party and it will be easier to find people and start working on growing you...
You hear the buzzwords all day. They are almost like mosquitoes and twice as annoying. Your business should be in social media. If there is anyone who knows it is you. Do these people even know how many different social media platforms there are out there? A lot! The question that is never answered ...