There is a new opportunity that is out. An opportunity for your customers to be able to trust who you are. New people who trip across your profile will more likely come to trust you in a shorter time. All of this new found trust is a small symbol that not everyone is able to get.
This magical trust builder is none other than a blue check mark that shows your account is verified. This check mark tells people that you are who you say you are and not just a spoof or parody account. Many times you see this symbol when you are following a celebrity or an influencer.
I am sure if you are like me your saying Sweet! So how do I get verified!
How to apply for Twitter Verification
Signing up is not tough but know that you have to have all these fields filled out and if you are denied the first time you will have to wait 30 days from the notice that you were not accepted. and don’t worry I wasn’t accepted either so I am not sure as to what will fully help you be accepted and have the coveted blue check mark.
- You need to go to the Twitter Verification form page.
- You will need to have the following
- A working phone Number
- a confirmed email address
- A filled out BIO
- Get rid of the egg have a real Profile Picture
- A header photo
- A website
- Public tweets. No private tweets allowed in the realm of a public figure.
- Photo ID
- If you are going to verify your personal brand (i.e. Your personal Twitter account) You have to use your real birthday.
- Fill in the account name you are wanting to verify click on the Continue button
- You will now need to put in 5 sites that you believe show you are check mark worthy. So if you are published in Huffington Post or any place else that you believe makes you want to show off.
- Using 500 characters Let Twitter know why you think you should have the verified symbol.
- Then upload a valid picture of your ID
- Click Next and … You wait.
Normally it only takes a day or two before you will get a notice of whether you are accepted or not. again if not then you will have to wait 30 days before you try again. So you can work on your sales pitch for the next run.
I have tried twice and been rejected twice. Reading their help articles I came across this little tidbit that may help you in getting verified.
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- The bio specifies an area of expertise and/or a company mission.
This last one may be a clue. I may need to put my expertise in here. I will try it next month when I am able to reapply.
Have you applied and did you get accepted? What do you think you need to have to get accepted? Let the Community know in the comments section below.
You Might Also Like...
At first if you wanted to have a Closed caption for your videos you have to write the transcript by hand. Facebook has fixed that.
Two things you don't normally hear together is emojis and business. Why is that? Well if you ask many business owners they say that it is because emojis are unprofessional. Why have cartoon-like images in a Business to Business company? We are not kid oriented. I can get how a professional ma...
When you are creating a social media strategy for the first time. There is often a discussion on where you need to have your profiles and what type of Profiles you need. Should you create a personal profile for your Facebook page or a business page? There is advice that is given and logic that can b...
When it comes to social media and digital marketing it is easy to say why a person needs your product. It is Great! or you may say it will save the day. Typically if not in those exact words it is something to that effect. Many times than not what happens? You may have a person come to see your c...