There is a new opportunity that is out. An opportunity for your customers to be able to trust who you are. New people who trip across your profile will more likely come to trust you in a shorter time. All of this new found trust is a small symbol that not everyone is able to get.
This magical trust builder is none other than a blue check mark that shows your account is verified. This check mark tells people that you are who you say you are and not just a spoof or parody account. Many times you see this symbol when you are following a celebrity or an influencer.
I am sure if you are like me your saying Sweet! So how do I get verified!
How to apply for Twitter Verification
Signing up is not tough but know that you have to have all these fields filled out and if you are denied the first time you will have to wait 30 days from the notice that you were not accepted. and don’t worry I wasn’t accepted either so I am not sure as to what will fully help you be accepted and have the coveted blue check mark.
- You need to go to the Twitter Verification form page.
- You will need to have the following
- A working phone Number
- a confirmed email address
- A filled out BIO
- Get rid of the egg have a real Profile Picture
- A header photo
- A website
- Public tweets. No private tweets allowed in the realm of a public figure.
- Photo ID
- If you are going to verify your personal brand (i.e. Your personal Twitter account) You have to use your real birthday.
- Fill in the account name you are wanting to verify click on the Continue button
- You will now need to put in 5 sites that you believe show you are check mark worthy. So if you are published in Huffington Post or any place else that you believe makes you want to show off.
- Using 500 characters Let Twitter know why you think you should have the verified symbol.
- Then upload a valid picture of your ID
- Click Next and … You wait.
Normally it only takes a day or two before you will get a notice of whether you are accepted or not. again if not then you will have to wait 30 days before you try again. So you can work on your sales pitch for the next run.
I have tried twice and been rejected twice. Reading their help articles I came across this little tidbit that may help you in getting verified.
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- The bio specifies an area of expertise and/or a company mission.
This last one may be a clue. I may need to put my expertise in here. I will try it next month when I am able to reapply.
Have you applied and did you get accepted? What do you think you need to have to get accepted? Let the Community know in the comments section below.
You Might Also Like...
New people to twitter, Yes there are always new people to twitter. Facebook has over a billion people. Twitter in comparison has +500 million people who have tweeted at least once. Even more people have never sent out a single tweet! If you count these folks you are looking at the ballpark of 974 mi...
Live streaming is a service that has come to popularity very recently. The granddaddy of them all is Meerkat. Meerkat started out its rise to popularity at the SXSW festival in Austin Texas. All of a sudden you started seeing a bunch of tweets feeling your Twitter stream with so and so is live strea...
Building a Twitter following from scratch is a big challenge. It does lay testament as to why twitter has a slower growth rate than Facebook. Trying to get people who are perfect strangers to interact with you when you have under a 100 followers makes you wonder if this is how Jehovah Witness’s feel...
This is an old article that has some outdated steps. So to get the most current information please go The Updated Step by Step Instant Article Tutorial OK, You have been waiting with baited breath to use instant articles. You got the WordPress plugin installed it and now... What?! Isn't it jus...